Instant Pot French Toast Recipe
About Instant Pot French Toast, If you’re a fan of cozy weekend brunches but want to keep things vegan and gluten-free, we have a treat for you! The Instant Pot French Toast is a game-changer that will satisfy your cravings without compromising your dietary preferences. It’s incredibly easy to make, and the result is a perfectly cooked, fluffy, and delicious French toast that’s both kind to animals and gentle on your stomach. So, let’s dive into this delectable recipe! Instant Pot French Toast
- For a richer flavor, use half and half or heavy cream instead of almond milk.
- If you don’t have vegan milk, you can use regular milk or even water. Just be sure to add a little bit of extra vanilla extract to compensate for the lack of flavor in the milk.
- If you don’t have gluten-free bread, you can use regular bread. Just be sure to toast the bread before soaking it in the batter to help prevent it from becoming soggy.
- To make this Instant Pot French Toast recipe ahead of time, you can soak the bread in the batter the night before and then cook it in the Instant Pot in the morning. Just be sure to cover the Instant Pot with foil to prevent the batter from drying out.
The Best Instant Pot French Toast recipe (vegan & Gluten Free!)
DescriptionYou may have made a cinnamon roll french toast casserole or french toast bake, but those can take a long time to make. With the instant pot craze going on, we thought we would try to shorten the preparation time needed for traditional french.
How to make Instant Pot French Toast recipe
1. Prepare the Bread:
Gluten-Free Vegan Bread
Choose a high-quality gluten-free vegan bread. A hearty loaf with a good texture works best for French toast. Slice the bread into thick slices, about 1 inch each.
2. Make the Batter:
In a blender, combine the almond milk, ripe banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined. This mixture will be your flavorful batter.
3. Soak the Bread:
Soaking Bread Slices
Dip each bread slice into the batter, ensuring it's well coated on both sides. Allow the bread to soak for a few seconds so that it absorbs the delicious flavors of the batter.
4. Prepare the Instant Pot:
Instant Pot Settings
Lightly grease your Instant Pot's inner pot with cooking spray or a thin layer of coconut oil. Place the soaked bread slices in a single layer at the bottom of the pot.
5. Cook in the Instant Pot:
Close the Instant Pot lid and set it to the "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" mode for 10 minutes. Ensure the pressure valve is sealed. The Instant Pot will work its magic, turning the soaked bread into a delightful French toast.
6. Release Pressure and Serve:
Once the cooking time is up, carefully release the pressure using the quick-release valve. Open the lid and behold your perfectly cooked Instant Pot French Toast!
7. Garnish and Enjoy:
Garnished French Toast
Serve the French toast on a plate, topped with fresh berries and a drizzle of maple syrup. The combination of fluffy bread and sweet toppings will leave you craving more.
Why This Recipe Works:
Instant Pot Convenience: Using the Instant Pot simplifies the cooking process and ensures even cooking of each slice.
Flavorful Batter: The combination of ripe banana, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in the batter adds layers of deliciousness to the French toast.
Gluten-Free and Vegan: This recipe caters to those with gluten sensitivities and vegan dietary preferences, making it an inclusive and tasty choice.There you have it - a delectable Instant Pot French Toast recipe that's vegan, gluten-free, and bursting with flavor. Whether you're hosting a brunch or treating yourself to a special breakfast, this recipe is a winner. The simplicity of using the Instant Pot and the incredible taste will make this French toast a regular on your menu. Enjoy each mouthful guilt-free, knowing you're savoring a compassionate and health-conscious dish.
Serving Size 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 730kcal
- Calories from Fat 250kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 27g42%
- Saturated Fat 9g45%
- Cholesterol 195mg65%
- Sodium 730mg31%
- Total Carbohydrate 19g7%
- Dietary Fiber 5g20%
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 97g194%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Cook this recipe at low heat.
- Use fresh ingredients for better taste
- After cooking, wait for at least 15 minutes for better taste